POWER INNOVATION FOR PROFITABLE COMPANY GROWTH
THE NEW WAVE TO COMPANY GROWTH
24th & 25th November 2008, Grand Millennium, Kuala Lumpur
Author, International Consultant &
Organisational Management, Concordia University, St. Paul, Minnesota, U.S.AWith experience in marketing and product management, Dr Richard Brynteson brings a great practicality to innovation for your organisation. Richard will push your thinking.” As an organisational consultant, executive coach, teacher, and writer, Richard helps his students and clients examine their own thinking and make changes in order to improve their productivity and quality of life.
Richard helps his clients innovate work processes and products in order to improve effectiveness and efficiency. He helps them to creatively explore the relevance of their own assumptions and
paradigms. Richard has helped the Singapore military redesign work systems around Chinook helicopters, F-16 fighter planes, and Naval patrol boats
Personally. Thank you ro HeiTech Padu because sending me for this course. Really worth for money. Some points that I pick up during the session. Really useful.
First step of innovation
• Creative destruction
• Risk and failure must be tolerated
• Change should be sought out
• The ability to challenge assumptions and to shift paradigms
• Thinking of how to maximize potential rather than minimize losses
• Understanding of the power of passion, humor, and joy.
• Tolerance of ambiguity and uncertainty.
Source of innovation
• Unexpected occurrence
• Process needs
• Industry and market changes
• Demographic changes
• Change of perception
• New knowledge
Categories of Innovation
• Process Improvement ideas
• Derivative ideas
• Breakthrough ideas
• Radical Innovation
• You do not need to be an expert
• Being a outsider helps
• You have to discard preconceived notions
• It’s important to see things through the customer’s eyes
• Redesign is best done in teams
• You do not need to know much about current process
• It’s not hard to have great ideas
• Redesign can be fun
The Business of Paradigm
• Paradigm is common.
• Paradigm is useful.
• Paradigm can be the paradigm.
• Outsider create the paradigm
• Courage is needed to do paradigm shift
• When paradigm shift, everyone goes back to zero
• What today is impossible to do, but if it could be done would
fundamentally change what you do?
• One way to redesign is to break them into component parts.
• Look at each of the components or step and look at choices or options.
There Litmus tests for Disruptive Potential.
• New market disruption
• Low end disruption
• Innovation disruption.
• Love ordinary seeks extra ordinary.
• Passion is needed find extra ordinary.
• Creativity is about perspective it depends on the lenses that we used.
• Find the perspective if we cannot change lens.
• Don’t stop when we find the right answer. Find the right answer.
• Believe there’s more than one answer.
• Break the pattern. Ask a lot of question to do more.
• Reframe to find other opportunity.
• Take the risk and do afraid to make mistakes
• Learn from mistakes.
• Right mind set and right vision. Right techniques are important.
• Moment came instant wait and patients and be ready to take the
window of opportunity.
• Really caring about the thing.
Managing the process of innovation
• involve senior management early
• build the unknowable into your plan
• involve the customer early and often
• get facilitation and communication help
• conduct a thorough briefing on the process when finished.
Lim (DVM Innovate), Nazri (Bank Islam)
Me, Ivy(Digi) and George(TMI)